Captain's Log, Stardate 130922

USS Neil Armstrong: After some struggles with our newly updated technology, Cmdr Markus guided the ship from space dock and we began our journey to the Treman rendezvous. Much of our morning was spent dealing with the continuing issues with power supply. It is frustrating to say the least - we had to lend our warp core to the Astraios Civilian Authority for 3 days in order to prop up the planetary shield and support the needed nanite frequency generators - our only weapon against the non-corporeal Spouwwqna. This meant we did not have the time to reset the core properly, but we need to use this vessel anyway. I trust that the work that needs to be done will get done in transit. And, in fact, Engineering was able to come up with some solution and we were finally able to get to warp 8, although weapons were offline and shields at minimum. New staff were given orientation. I also discussed with tactical, intelligence, science and Cmdr Markus various details about the Spouwwqna, and how we should approach Treman. In the end I thought we might create the illusion that we are damaged. We could put a few score people in sickbay and quarters, have the warp core appear to be not functioning, and limp in on impulse power to trade Romulan ale, and have R&R while the ship is repaired. That's our plan at the moment. I don't know yet what the others plan to do, but we can't all arrive at Treman at the same time, it might look suspicious.

On a personal note, there has been no change in Hans' condition. I fear for him. He is in sickbay, I refused to let him be transferred to the Majel Hospital on Astraios Prime before we left. I know in my heart he would not want to leave his ship. Am I wrong to put him in danger? Some would say so....