Commanding Officer's Log, Stardate: 140603

Location: SS Astraios

I woke early, as usual - 0512. I lay looking at the ceiling, in the darkness, until the computer informed me it was 0530, and slowly brought up the lights. I slipped into my running gear. The swish of doors behind me as I left my quarters sounded loud in the dim, quiet corridor. The turbo hummed softly as it moved through the giant spacestation. I entered the transporter room and with a quick nod, Crewman Serres prepared to beam me down to the Welcome Centre, where I always start my daily run. I stepped onto the pad, and for a moment the silence of the station surrounded me. Then a shimmer of light, and I landed in my usual spot just outside the entrance to the lobby, prepared to breathe deep of the morning air, stretch for a few moments, and then begin.

An uproar hit me. Loud voices, threats. I turned. Two Klingons were facing down three of my Security officers. Their deep guttural tones and insults rang in the Lobby. LTcmdr Bradford, holding fast in her post, glanced to me, "Sir."

"What's all this," I asked, walking through the open doors casually. In my shorts, T and runners.

A Klingon looked and me and shrugged, growling something in his own language.

"qaStaH nuq?" I snapped. "nuqneH?"

One looked at the other, looked at me, and said with a smirk, "naDevvo' yIghoS."

I bristled right up to him, as close as I could get, eye to eye, and I said in that deep dark booming voice I own, "bIjatlh 'e' yImev!" He didn't move but I saw his eyes widen in surprise. Then I turned to Bristol and commanded, "Either get these two petaQ to the Brig or get them off my patch." Glancing back at the Klingons, I shrugged my shoulders, whirled, and walked away.

I have to admit I felt some satisfaction. Until I started to wonder why they were there in the first place.